Thursday 16 October 2014

The Apartment

So i've been living in Vienna for around two weeks now and I can safely say that I love this city and I feel really at home here. I've finally found my feet here, made some great friends and i'm meeting new people all the time including the English, international and the locals too. I'm having a blast. 

Job's going really well. I love most of the kids and it's really good fun. One class even baked a Sachertorte for me and we spent the lesson eating cake and debating out hot topics like globalisation and the Scottish independence vote. I'm looking forward to the rest of the academic year and possibly even working the year after that too.

I also found myself an apartment here after living in a hostel for a week or so among some of my friends here. After messaging almost every person in Vienna offering an apartment I finally finally got a reply. It really is a letter's market. 

I have a really nice room with a great view, a huge bed and tons of art as well as a balcony from my kitchen and a pretty decent bathroom. I share it with another person but the crazy Russian lawyer bitch who was living here has moved out and we're looking for someone new. 

When I moved in I had my contract signed, I'd paid my rent and I even had keys. Yet when I turned up to move in this crazy super princess bitch who has a room here started crying and screaming and threatening me and basically kicking off and telling me she was a lawyer and knew everything about international law and I should fuck off and get a hostel because my contract was obviously illegal. In the end I phoned the Austrian police, spoke to them quite easily in German (which I am so so proud of) and they came round and told her she was wrong and I was right and I had the legal right to stay. Hallelujah! Anyways she's moved her stuff out and I have the place to myself so as i'm writing this i'm making coffee in my kitchen absolutely bollock naked while looking out over my fantastic view of Vienna and there'a not a single goddamn thing anyone can do about it.



1 comment:

  1. That is really a nice view from your apartment!
    Hint you never had Nussnudeln before, maybe your students will make them too.

    ReplyDelete